Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bridges and Islands

2:42 / 27.4

It was a lot cooler this morning than usual, so I went further than I had planned.  I only took one picture since the entire ride was on roads I've already been on.

Not much to report.  I did have one large dog come out of nowhere and scared me pretty good.  I just yelled at him and he went away.

I've been able to increase my casual cruising speed by 3 miles and I attained my highest speed so far.
My fastest speed was 22 mph.  I increased it to 24 mph.  I was trying to get it up to 25, but couldn't do it.

I was just a few feet away from doing what that sign says not to do!


Okay, so this isn't a picture from my ride.
This is Wheeling, WV, where I grew up.
I lived on the island in the middle of the Ohio River.
That's WV on the left and OH on the right.
The stadium at the end of the island is where we had our high school football games.
This is looking south.  If you squint real hard, you can see Key West, FL!


This is downtown Wheeling, WV back in the 70's.
I walked down this street 5 days a week for 3 years when I was in high school.
It's become a ghost town with very little business.

Okay.  That's enough of Memory Lane.

THE END