Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Longest Ride so Far!

It was nice and cool this morning, so I decided to do a longer ride. 
I went down a couple new stretches of road and then connected to my regular route.

My total was 55.8 miles in 4 hours and 24 minutes.  This is the third 50+ mile ride I've done.

I also found a road that was a long, gradual incline, so I actually got to climb a hill for a change! 
Most of the stuff around here can only be called gentle slopes and not much else.

I didn't even realize the road was going up hill until I noticed it was getting harder to pedal.
I had to shift to lower gears about five times before I got to the top.

When I reached the top, I took this picture;
It doesn't look like much of a hill in this shot,
so I zoomed in and cropped the photo to give you a closer look;

If you look WAY down the road where it meets the base of those mountains,
that is where I turned onto this road.
It felt good to climb a hill for a change and my legs are really feeling it, now!

About 6 miles before I got to that hill, I stopped and took this picture of a hawk and it's nest; 
Let's zoom in for a closer look;
That's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

THE END