Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blue Skies and Free Showers

Today's ride was 3 hours and 38 minutes / 33 miles.

I set a new personal speed record when I reached 21 mph on a flat, open road with no traffic.

I went back to the same area I rode in the other day.  And, once again, I found another bike path!
This one was in a community park next to a new housing area. 

As I pedaled around under clear blue skies, I was enjoying the quietness, the smooth trail and the lush, green grass all around

A lady was walking toward me and as I got closer, I was getting ready to greet her, when she suddenly stopped dead in her tracks and just stood there.

That was when I saw it.  A lawn sprinkler heading right for me!  The sprinkler was set to go in a big circle and I was just a few feet from it.  I didn't have time to back up or enough room to go around it.

I just looked at the lady and said "I guess I'm going to get wet!"  I pedaled right through it and was sprayed from my knees up to my face.  That cold water felt pretty good after riding for more than an hour.

I rode around the park for 30 minutes or so and then headed back to the longer path I rode the other day.
I finished the path and turned and headed for home.

The ride home was uneventful and since I was on the same road a couple days ago, I didn't take any more pictures after I left the park.

It's starting to get warmer earlier in the morning, so I think I'll cut my riding time down to 2 hours per day.

I've posted a few pix below.