Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Love Clouds!

3:09 / 30.6

It was a lot darker than usual at 5 a.m. and when I looked outside, I discovered why. 
There was a sky full of BIG gray clouds! 

Thanks to all of the cloud cover, I was able to stay out longer and get in more miles than expected.

About the only thing worth mentioning is one dog that chased me.  He was a medium-size black and white mutt.  He ran along the fence and when he got to the gate across the driveway he dove between the rails and came after me.

After nearly 500 miles of riding my trike, I've come to learn that MOST dogs aren't trying to bite or attack me in any way.  They just want to chase the funny looking vehicle I'm on.

Normally, when a dog comes after me, I just yell and/or growl at them like a mad man and they stop dead in their tracks.

This time, I decided to out run the mutt just for the fun of it.  When the dog started chasing me, I started pedaling faster and he kept up with me for a while.  He was about 2 feet from my right elbow and was running pretty fast and barking all the way.

The faster I pedaled, the faster he ran.  It was rather comical watching him giving it everything he had to keep up with me.  I started laughing, shifted gears and was finally able to leave him beind.

He was a worthy opponent and it gave me a nice little sprinting workout.

I turned down a dirt road to take a break and a few pix.  After that, I headed for home.  I'm usually home by 8, but thanks to the cloud cover and the slightly coolers temps, I was out until 9:05.

Once the clouds were gone and the sun came out, it got hot REAL fast.  I'm glad I was close to home and only had to ride in the heat for a few minutes.

I took pix of Jolly Roger from all 4 sides just to show you some desert scenery. 
It might look like I'm way out in the desert, but I was only about 2 blocks from the main road.









Here's the beach, but where's the ocean?

That George Strait's song said "I've got some ocean front property in Arizona..."
I think this is it.

THE END