Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Morning Movies

1:51 / 16.4

I had two minor dog incidents today on my morning ride.


A little chihuahua was loose on the road. He was standing there wagging his tail, so I stopped. As soon as I did, he starts yapping like a madman.

I just laughed and started pedaling. This little ankle-biter starts after me, so I pedal faster. He starts running faster. I start pedaling faster.

This little dog had some seriously mad skills and just kept coming. I couldn't believe how fast he was! I was finally able to smoke him like a cheap cigar and left him behind.

I've outrun Dobermans 10 times bigger than this little fella, but he must've been on a steroid/caffeine high.

The other dog was a black and gray speckled coon hound and weighed about 60+ pounds. He was in a large fenced yard and started at one corner and was running along the fence line as I went by. Then he took off like a shot and was headed for the far end of the yard.

I thought he would stop in the corner and bark as I went by. WRONG!

Instead of stopping, when he was a few feet from the corner, he jumped over the 5 foot fence and landed in the empty lot next door.

I swear that dog looked like a graceful gazelle the way he went over that fence. After he landed he was on the edge of the road, growling and barking and slowly walking toward me.

He was pretty close, so instead of trying to outrun him, I slammed on the brakes and yelled at him. He stopped barking and started to go back, but as soon as I started moving away, he came back. I stopped and yelled "Get back in the yard!"

He looked at me like I just hurt his feelings. He turned around and took off for the fence, and once again, he sailed over the fence as easy as you please.

He landed in the yard and then looked at me as if to say "There, are you happy now?"

I saw another loose dog, but he totally ignored me as I went by. I saw more dogs today than I usually see in 3 days of riding. Thankfully, they were all behind fences...and only one of them could fly!

I didn't take any pictures today,  BUT.....I made a video!

I was just goofing around with my little digital camera.

Here it is;   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3A-tLwwsQ4

THE END