Saturday, August 21, 2010

Going To The Post Office

2:36 / 31.5

Another beautiful Saturday morning for a ride. It started off with another beautiful sunrise;


I headed down the road and stopped to take some pix
of another abandoned building I've gone past a few times.

This is the old local post office

As you can tell by the shadows, there was a chain link fence around the building, so I had to shoot over it.




I kept taking pix over or through the fence, until I saw this;
                                        
                                There weren't any signs telling me keep out, so I went in for a closer look;
You can see my trike at the corner of the fence.








I think this is an old "Candy" sign from the abandoned grocery store
that's around the corner from the post office.
I didn't take pix of the front of the store because
it was just a bunch of boarded up windows.



Okay, now let's go around back to see the other side
                                                 of the post office and that old grocery store;

This is the post office.

Obviously, this is the back of the grocery store.


This is the only tax refund I'll see this year!


The screen door at the rear of the grocery store was standing open, so I took this pic.


However, as I stood there and was wondering if I should go in and look around, the batteries in my camera died! It's just as well, because I got this strange feeling and was hearing that little voice in my head telling me I shouldn't go any further. That picther on the shelf had some sort of liquid in it and there were a couple of plastic cups, as well. I wasn't sure if someone was camping out in there or not. I decided to leave. No use in going in if I can't take any more pix, anyway.

I got back on the road and headed over to the new post office
to get the mail and then I rode around for a couple hours and went home.

THE END