Thursday, August 19, 2010

Smooth Roads and a Friendly Dog

2:22 / 28.4

I went for a ride on one of my regular routes. 
I stopped at the post office and picked up the mail, took aride through the local park and headed home. 
A very nice ride and I got home before it even started to get hot.

This is my favorite stretch of road.
Five miles long, gentle downhill slope, smooth as glass
and only one traffic light that is green 99% of the time.
There is little to no traffic early in the morning.


Abstract art or is it just a chunk of concrete with some twisted rebar?


Two Tired To Rock and Roll


I stopped to take a break and when I started pedaling away,
 I saw this and turned around to go back and take a picture.
Does anyone have any idea what kind of insect this is?


This VERY friendly pooch greeted me as I was going down a quiet back road.
I stopped and she walked right up and licked my arm and just stared at me until I petted her.




After blessing me with her presence for about 5 minutes, she walked a few feet away from me and laid down in the shade...in the middle of the road!Don't worry.  It's a very quiet road and she moves when any cars are in the area.I've seen this dog a few times before and she lives just a few feet from here.  I think she has appointed herself as the Neighborhood Watchdog.  If she didn't have a collar and tags, I would've gladly taken her home.  She is one of the quietest and most gentle dogs I've ever seen.

After being chased by yappy Chihuahuas and other little mutts, it was nice to meet a friendly dog.

THE END