Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today was a TOTAL bust!

I got up at 0400 and was out the door at 0435.  I didn't know how long it would take to get to the park to meet the other riders, so I gave myself plenty of time.

I got to the park at 0530. Thirty minutes to spare! So I sat there and waited...and waited...and waited.

I was at the right place at the right time, but no one else was there. 

I came home and decided to take another ride in the local area.  After I got on the road and started cruising, I started hearing a strange scraping/rubbing sound from the right wheel.

I took it home and sprayed the whole wheel with some pressurized air.  We had a short dust storm blow through the area yesterday, so I thought it just might be some dust on the brakes.

I took the trike for another ride and the same funky sound was still there.  Took it home and got the garden hose and sprayed down both front wheels.  Still the same!

I checked my e-mail and got a message from one of the guys I was supposed to ride with.  They were at the park at the same time I was, but they weren't in the place given in the directions.

What we have here is failure to communicate.  Oh well.  Better luck next time.

It's getting a little too warm to ride very far, so I'm hanging it up for the rest of the day.

No pix today.  An empty parking lot isn't much to look at.