Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Complete Loop!

2:58 / 26.9 miles

Since I had to turn around and head home when I started down that new stretch of road yesterday, I decided to go back to see where the road led to.  It was a VERY quiet road, as you can see by the location this picture was taken from;

I rode to the end of that tree line on the left and stopped to take this sunrise photo;

It didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.  Oh well.

I continued down the road enjoying the new scenery and the peace and quiet.  When I came to the next intersection, I stayed on the same road.  A short time later, I realized the scenery looked kind of familiar.  I then realized I had been on this part of the road before!  I was coming from the opposite direction the last time.  So much for discovering new territory!

Now that I knew where I was, I took parts from 3 or 4 four former routes and pieced them all together and made it into one big loop.  It's the first time I've gone on a ride that I didn't have to go back the same way I came out.  I'm learning a lot of the area and can piece together longer and different routes, now.

I like a lot of the ones I've done in the past and will repeat them sometimes and the other times I'll keep looking for new ways to go.

Here's a couple more photos I took on the way home;


I pulled off the main road to take a break.


This was taken on the opposite side from the previous picture.
I had stopped because I was in desperate need of a...uh..."Nature Break"...if ya know what I mean.
BUT...see that big white fuel tank in the background?  See that white vehicle parked on the right side of the fuel tank?  THAT is a Deputy Sheriff waiting for speeders to go by!
This is where they refuel all the county vehicles.
Just my luck!  I thought it might not be such a good idea to water the trees right now, so I got back on the road in search of a little privacy.

Before I pulled out on to the road, I stopped and took this photo;


Way back when, this wagon was used for the transport and storage of gunpowder.

When I was about 10 miles from home, I was FINALLY able to find a place to take a "break"...


And it had a lounge area!

The sad thing is, there's a landfill just a few miles from here where this chair could've been thrown away.  I guess some people are just too darn lazy.

It stayed pretty cool up until the last 5 miles.  It wasn't too bad, though.

After my ride tomorrow, I have to take the trike in for a FREE 30 day tune-up at the local bike shop.

THE END